Service Implementation Manager
1 Incomplete application
0 SME, 1 large
12 Completed applications
11 SME, 1 large
- Thursday 7 June 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 11 June 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 14 June 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Service manager
- Summary of the work
- Help the Home Office to bring IT Service transformation to life by building and enabling an IT Service Provider focused value proposition based engagement, underlined by strong cross-architectural technical leadership and knowledge. Key to this will be a strong Implementation Manager
- Latest start date
- Monday 2 July 2018
- Expected contract length
- Initially 6 months with the right to extend, under Home Office Control, for up to 2 years.
- Organisation the work is for
- Home Office (HODDaT)
- Maximum day rate
£775 per day
Standard 8 hour working day, includes expenses to base location agreed with the Home Office. Additional expenses only paid with prior approval of the Home Office
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The HO Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) Technical Support Services Function is responsible for technical support for our services, including Level 2 support for our applications/platforms and Level 3 support for the components of our platforms
- What the specialist will work on
The selected individual will have a remit to:
1. Manage and integrate a multi-million pound Application and Operational delivery contract.
2. Provide value for money with initiatives to drive down cost
3. Develop and deliver governance framework to drive supplier performance against business satisfaction.
4. Manage onboarding demand pipeline and resource profile
5. Financial management.
6. Deliver technical service catalogue.
7. Provide advice and guidance to SMT
8. Contract & Financial Management
9. Mitigate risks and issues
10. Provide advice and guidance on product delivery to underpin governance and RFIs
11. Be BRM
12. Assure service operational
- Address where the work will take place
40 Wellesley Road,
- Working arrangements
Your primary location will be Croydon and you will be expected to work on-site most of the time with some travel to other Home Office locations across the UK. You will need to be on-site because the role will see interaction with key individuals across the Home Office campus and the majority of this interaction will be face- to-face.
Expenses will be within your daily rate for your regular work location. Additional travel expenses will be available should you need to travel to other sites outside London.
The Home Office also supports flexible working (when possible), at the managers discretion,
- Security clearance
- Have SC clearance, or capable of getting SC clearance quickly. Pre existing SC clearance is not essential but is preferred.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate supporting large scale infrastructure roll outs and relocations
- Well versed in the UK Government 'Ways of Working'
- Recently worked for Central Government Deparments
- Strong strategic insight to help shape a department moving forward
- Current experience of UK Government IT transformation/transitioning
- Recent demonstratable experience of delivering complex/challenging services
- Able to bridge the gap between the business need and the techinical solution
- Can demonstrate that they have lead large teams in this service area
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Ability to develop MI reports in timely manner
- Can demonstrate that they have the ability to identify opportunities to improve the service or make cost savings
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work well as the lead of a team and keep the team motivated to perform well
- Be transparent on performace issues and collaborate when required
- Support a no-blame culture
- Lead by example
- Transfer knowledge gained through the team and be willing to share experiences across the wider department
- See where there are issues and be strong enough to raise with senior managers what needs to change
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Qu: What is the IR35 Status?
- An: They are outside of IR35 as they will be tasked to deliver specific deliverables and provide their role as a Service
- 2. Qu: Is there an incumbent in this role?
- An: At present there is an incumbent but we are in the process of extracting all the knowledge they have built up so that a new person can take what has been done and continue to offer the Service moving forward.