Infrastructure Lead & Implementation Manager (Data Centres)
6 Incomplete applications
5 SME, 1 large
11 Completed applications
10 SME, 1 large
- Thursday 7 June 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 11 June 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 14 June 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Delivery manager
- Summary of the work
- Lead and manage the HODDaT Networking and technical infrastructure unit, including Police National Computer (PNC) Operations, ensuring alignment with all Home Office Technology and Enterprise Services strategies, policies, processes and standards. Controlling the Service Architecture and lifecycle management of our services.
- Latest start date
- Monday 2 July 2018
- Expected contract length
- Initially 6 months with the right to extend, under Home Office Control, for up to 2 years.
- Organisation the work is for
- Home Office (HODDaT)
- Maximum day rate
£900 per day
Standard 8 hour working day, includes expenses to base location agreed with the Home Office. Additional expenses only paid with prior approval of the Home Office
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The HO Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) Technical Support Services Function is responsible for technical support for our services, including Level 2 support for our applications/platforms and Level 3 support for the components of our platforms
- What the specialist will work on
The selected individual will have a remit to:
1. Ensure services coming into Technical Services Support are;
a.transitioned via agreed criteria, and align to the Enterprise/Live Services processes.
b. are aligned to the Business Portfolios demand pipeline
2. Build out the internal capability of Enterprise/Live Services.
3. Follow the “internal” transition of services/products into TSS
- Address where the work will take place
40 Wellesley Road,
- Working arrangements
Your primary location will be Croydon and you will be expected to work on-site most of the time with some travel to other Home Office locations across the UK. You will need to be on-site because the role will see interaction with key individuals across the Home Office campus and the majority of this interaction will be face- to-face.
Expenses will be within your daily rate for your regular work location. Additional travel expenses will be available should you need to travel to other sites outside London.
The Home Office also supports flexible working (when possible), at the managers discretion,
- Security clearance
- Have SC clearance, or capable of getting SC clearance quickly. Pre existing SC clearance is not essential but is preferred.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate Leading Large Scale Infrastructure roll outs and relocations
- Well versed in the UK Government 'Ways of Working'
- Recently worked for Central Government Deparments
- Ability to build, lead, develop and motivate high performing and well balanced delivery teams
- Strong strategic insight to help shape a department moving forward
- Current experience of UK Government IT transformation/transitioning
- Recent demonstratable experience of delivering complex/challenging services
- Able to bridge the gap between the business need and the techinical solution
- Demonstrates a strong control over managing the deployment of services in a Live Environment
- Can demonstrate that they have lead large teams in this service area
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Ability to develop MI reports in timely manner
- Can demonstrate that they have the ability to identify opportunities to improve the service or make cost savings
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work well as the lead of a team and keep the team motivated to perform well
- Be transparent on performace issues and collaborate when required
- Support a no-blame culture
- Lead by example
- Transfer knowledge gained through the team and be willing to share experiences across the wider department
- See where there are issues and be strong enough to raise with senior managers what needs to change
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Qu: What is the IR35 Status?
- An: This individual will be outside of IR35 as they will be tasked to deliver a specified service with know deliverables.
- 2. Qu: Is there an incumbent in place?
- An: At present there is an incumbent but we are in the process of extracting all the knowledge they have built up so that a new person can take what has been done and continue to offer the Service moving forward.
- 3. Qu: What has lead to this opportunity becoming available on the framework?
Work has already commenced around this project overall, but following a transition from the Home Office providing Live Services to the Home Office providing Enterprise Services the stakeholder has decided to revamp how the current work is being managed/provided and create a new fresh start. There will be time to transition from the incumbent to the new Individual, but we are hoping that the new individual will bring either a fresh approach or build on what has happened before.
Long-term we will expect the individual providing this service to transition their knowledge to an in-house individual.