3 Incomplete applications
2 SME, 1 large
5 Completed applications
4 SME, 1 large
- Friday 1 June 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 5 June 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 8 June 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Summary of the work
- The developer will work on the enhancement of a small suite of web applications developed in Laravel. The developer will work closely with service users to understand top priority and ongoing needs. The developer will be responsible for the entire development lifecycle, i.e. development and testing through to deployment.
- Latest start date
- Monday 16 July 2018
- Expected contract length
- 1 month, with the option to extend for a further month.
- West Midlands
- Organisation the work is for
- Health Education England - National School of Healthcare Science
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The specialist will work with the School's Head of Digital and with key stakeholders to understand and identify development priorities for the existing applications that have been developed in-house. The specialist will be the sole developer currently working on the enhancement of these Laravel applications.
- What the specialist will work on
- The developer will work on the enhancement of a small suite of web applications that have been developed in Laravel to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders of the National School. The developer will work closely with key members of the user groups to understand and implement prioritised needs.
- Address where the work will take place
- Birmingham, with the option to work remotely for some of the development work.
- Working arrangements
- The specialist will work in our office in Birmingham for approximately 3 days per week in order to be close to key users of the applications.
- We would like the specialist to work a 5 day week.
- We would be happy for the specialist to remotely for some of the development work.
- This role is outwith IR35.
- Security clearance
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years in a professional web development role
- Strong working knowledge of Laravel, including solid understanding of MVC and TDD
- Strong experience of frontend UI development via frameworks like Bootstrap
- Strong experience of working in cloud based infrastructure such as Azure and AWS
- Ability to take ownership of the entire development lifecycle, i.e. development and testing through to deployment
- Ability to present and communicate technical solutions to a technical and non-technical audience
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of working closely with service users to fully understand their needs
- Core Azure experience (Web Apps, SQL Azure)
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work in a very transparent and collaborative manner with our organisation
- Have an open approach to team working with non-technical clients
- Be able to manage own work tasks with minimal management
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Will the 3 days a week in the office be in a row or will they be staggered across the week?
- We are entirely open to a negotiation of how that time is organised. And it does not have to be the same pattern every week. We will need the specialist to have good contact with key users, particularly in the early days. We will also support close and transparent working over the web, via Skype, Microsoft Teams, Trello etc etc.