NLEDP 101-Data Migration Project Manager
5 Incomplete applications
4 SME, 1 large
14 Completed applications
12 SME, 2 large
- Thursday 19 April 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 26 April 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 3 May 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Delivery manager
- Summary of the work
- The specialist will ensure a smooth transition from source to target platform, managing trial runs, data reconciliation, data mapping, readiness assessments and informing the development of replacement services. Significant experience required in Data Architecture, data quality, Natural/Adabas and robust Project Management, able to manage business and technical aspects of migration.
- Latest start date
- Monday 9 July 2018
- Expected contract length
- An initial 1 year contract with the possibility of a 1 year extension.
- Organisation the work is for
- The Home Office - National Law Enforcement Data Programme (NLEDP).
- Maximum day rate
- £850 per day excluding VAT.
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The specialist will be required to work with internal teams, other suppliers and external stakeholders, following structured methodologies (Waterfall for the source system and Agile for the target). Working directly with the Programme Manager in a programme team environment.
- What the specialist will work on
The NLED Programme will replace legacy data systems, such as the Police National Computer & Police National Database, with the Law Enforcement Data Service (LEDS). LEDS shall ensure continuity of business services, and act as a platform for innovation to transform the way the HO manages and supplies data services to Law Enforcement Communities and other authorised Agencies throughout the UK and internationally.
The role requires a deep understanding of migration from a Natural/Adabas database mainframe environment. The specialist will oversee the data migration strategy, and document relevant business logic and rules in order to migrate to a new system.
- Address where the work will take place
Main location will be Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.
Other locations include Hendon Data Centre, Colindale.
- Working arrangements
- 5 days a week Monday - Friday based either at the Home Office in Croydon/Hendon Data Centre. There may be a requirement for occasional travel to other locations, generally within the M25 area. Occasional working from home, by agreement, provided the candidate has access to the IT facilities needed to work productively on that day.
- Security clearance
A minimum of SC clearance is required - all candidates must be either be SC cleared or be willing to undergo SC clearance process.
Candidate must also be willing to undergo Non-Police Police Vetting (NPPV3) Police Clearance after they have started work.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Recent(in the past 4 years) demonstrable experience of migrating data from an Adabas-based mainframe environment to a modern open system.
- Recent (in the past 4 years) demonstrable experience of data analysis, cleansing, mapping, data reconciliation, data resolution and warehousing.
- Recent (in the past 4 years) demonstrable experience of co-ordinating activities across various programme work streams to ensure an effective, efficient and joined up approach to data migration activities.
- Recent (in the past 4 years) demonstrable experience of defining the Data Migration Strategy and seeing it through to test, dry runs and live implementation.
- Experience of Software AG repliator.
- Experience of working with Natural to extract business rules.
- A deep understanding of migration - both of data and associated business logic, re-platforming and data readiness within public sector.
- Experience of Natural and SQL.
- A deep understanding of data and associated business logic, re-platforming and data readiness within public sector.
- Must be fully conversant in data migration and data profiling and data quality projects
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Working in an agile environment
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions.
- Patient and tenacious
- Committed to knowledge transfer to the customer organisation
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Please note
- Additionally the specialist will manage other smaller data migration/profiling project work, including: project managing/ mentoring of recent graduates who the specialist will be working closely with on smaller sub-projects.
- 2. How key is the ADABAS experience itself? Will other mainframe data migrations project experience suffice?
- Adabas experience will be essential as the databases that are used are Adabas. Experience of the concepts and mechanics are needed to be able to understand and foresee potential issues that may occur.
- 3. Can I check that the latest start date definitely July?
- Yes. The successful bidder will need to be in post by July 2018.
- 4. Please could you confirm IR35 status.
- We have established that this role is outside of IR35. The intermediaries legislation does not apply to this engagement.