Full Stack Software Developer
3 Incomplete applications
2 SME, 1 large
13 Completed applications
11 SME, 2 large
- Monday 12 March 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 14 March 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 19 March 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Summary of the work
- Working on a digital transformation programme putting Microsoft Dynamics CRM at the heart of our interactions with users. The programme will continue to develop a web front end to interact with users through a secure account space, data will be fed to and from CRM to power transactions with users.
- Latest start date
- Tuesday 3 April 2018
- Expected contract length
- This will be a 6 month contract with the option to extend for 2, 3 month periods
- Organisation the work is for
- Scottish Enterprise
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- Working within an Agile service design, delivery and support team of circa 30 people responsible for digital transformation activities across the organisation. It’s a multidisciplinary team with software developers, testers, designers, user researchers, Dynamics developers, service designers and product owners. The software developer will work closely within the dev ops team with other developers and testers.
- What the specialist will work on
- The specialist will support the implementation of SE’s digital transformation. Creating websites and applications to support SE’s delivery of services – often integrating with Dynamics CRM. We have new developments in flight as well legacy websites to migrate over the coming months and a central global design language to drive those developments.
- Address where the work will take place
5 Atlantic Quay
- Working arrangements
The supplier is expected to supply a resource to work as part of the team based in the office in Glasgow city centre. Standard working hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri.
This role is outwith IR35.
- Security clearance
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard level clearance is required for this role.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- .Net Core 2 and .Net Framework 4.5 (C#, MVC, Web API)
- SQL Server (TSQL) integration
- Entity Framework
- Core Azure experience (Web Apps, SQL Azure)
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Experience building robust, scalable web solutions
- OAuth 2 (with Azure B2C)
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Angular 2.0
- Additional Azure experience (Service Bus, Blob storage, Functions)
- Understanding of container technologies (including Docker)
- Unit testing tools such as MSTest or NUnit
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Challenge the status quo
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. I can see that this says on-site Monday to Friday but I am wondering if there would be any flexibility on this? Specifically is there potential for any remote working, even if just one day a week?
- We would have a preference for someone who could be on site as much as possible as the role is imbedded in a fast moving agile delivery team. An element of remote working is acceptable as long as evidence of previous successful delivery via remote working is provided in the submission and as long as suitable conditions are in place allowing constant communication with the team (high speed broadband, high spec kit, ability to connect to skype meetings etc.) and as long as there is flexibility to attend face to face meetings when required with suitable notice.