Senior Customer Liaison (JPO Comms Mgr)
7 Incomplete applications
5 SME, 2 large
15 Completed applications
13 SME, 2 large
- Thursday 18 January 2018
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 25 January 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 1 February 2018 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Communications manager
- Summary of the work
- There is a requirement to provide direct support to the Defence as a Platform (DaaP) (Base) Joint Planning Office Communications team in both the planning and delivery of stakeholder communications which actively support the New Style of IT (NSoIT), Integrated User Services (IUS) and Global Connectivity (GC) Projects.
- Latest start date
- Monday 26 March 2018
- Expected contract length
- 11 months, with a further option to extend by 11 months pending financial approval.
- South West England
- Organisation the work is for
- Ministry of Defence, Information Systems & Services (ISS)
- Maximum day rate
Budget per day including agency fees is £795 ex VAT.
£5,000.00 ex VAT Limit if Liability for T&S.
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- Civilians, the Military and Contractors within the Joint Project Office (JPO), New Style of IT (NSoIT), Integrated user Service (IUS) & Global Connectivity teams.
- What the specialist will work on
1.Develop a Communications Strategy & Plan for MODNET incorporating an Overseas Engagement Strategy.
2.Develop & maintain Comms Strategy & Plan for Integrated user Service (IUS).
3.Create IUS Strategy and Plan based on latest Project Delivery Plans.
4.The above should be developed in conjunction with MODNET Migration Team, ISS Corporate Communications and Business Change Team.
5.Plan,edit and draft content for a variety of communications material in support of Communication Strategy and Plan.
6.Ensure internal communication messaging remains consistent with external comms messages, aligning to current ISS initiatives. Audiences could range from senior briefing notes to Defence intranet announcements to c.10,000+ users.
- Address where the work will take place
- Working arrangements
- All tasking will take place from MOD Corsham and you will be required there 5 days a week. The working day is 8 hours to include 30 minutes for lunch. Day visits may be required to other Ministry of Defence sites. All travel and any overnight visits will only be permitted if permission is sought in advance. The individual will report to John Burrows.
- Security clearance
- SC Clearance must be in place prior to the contract starting due to the projects the individual will be required to undertake.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Have strong verbal/written comms skills. Confidently plan/edit/review/write content for internal comms mediums, e.g. webpages, fortnightly Newsletter, regular email bulletins. (15%)
- Efficient management & continual development of stakeholder management; influencing stakeholders at all levels across Top Level Budgets; managing expectations; challenging the status quo. (20%)
- Experience in developing and leading the delivery of Comms Strategies and Plans across varying but linked Projects, ensuring delivery in an effective, consistent, timely fashion. (15%)
- Strong project management skills; demonstrated ability to work in a self-structured, project-based environment working with senior executives across all levels of the Business in planning and executing communications activities (5%)
- High level of planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple high priority tasks in this busy role. (5%)
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Play a key role in anticipating and managing emerging issues, conflicting priorities and strict deadlines (5%)
- Put in place systems to track and improve the effectiveness of communications both internally and externally. (5%)
- Experience of transferring skills and knowledge to colleagues. (5%)
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation & other suppliers. (1%)
- Be transparent & collaborative when making decisions. (1%)
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes (1%)
- Take responsibility for their work. (1%)
- Share knowledge & experience with other team members. (1%)
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is the authority able to define the IR35 status of this role.
- IR35 applies.
- 2. Is there a current incumbent in this role
- No - there isn't.
- 3. Could you please confirm if you are happy to sponsor SC and bear its cost for the Eligible candidates?
- Applicants are required to hold current SC clearance to cover the duration of the contract.
- 4. Will you sponsor clearance for the candidate if they don't have SC?
- Applicants are required to hold current SC clearance to cover the duration of the contract