DAC- 014a -C8125 Business Analysts for (DQDC)
14 Incomplete applications
13 SME, 1 large
17 Completed applications
13 SME, 4 large
- Friday 23 June 2017
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 27 June 2017 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 30 June 2017 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Business analyst
- Summary of the work
- To undertake root cause analysis of data quality issues and identify and recommend fixes. Iteratively implement a data quality management model for the Home Office, starting with a proof of concept in an identified area of casework to prove the value, with Beta and Live following.
- Latest start date
- Tuesday 1 August 2017
- Expected contract length
- up to 2 years
- Organisation the work is for
- HOME OFFICE
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The Home Office is setting up a project to investigate and iteratively improve Data Quality in their systems. Through the benefits of root cause analysis we are expecting some quick wins in some areas. Primarily focusing on data quality issues with the Central Information Database (CID) working with reporting teams and relevant operational teams.
- What the specialist will work on
- There are a number of different data quality issues across the Home Office. BAs are needed to support the development of a cohesive approach to tackling data quality issues across the Home Office.
- Address where the work will take place
- Main location for the work will be at Bedfont Lakes Business Park for 3-4 days, with occasional other locations being central London and Croydon. Remote working may be available where necessary.
- Working arrangements
- The supplier is expected to construct a feature team made of up of the specialist skills required to deliver the outcomes. We expect the supplier to be flexible to our needs and can make working with a mixed team across multiple sites effective. Off site and remote working can be accommodated, however due to security considerations this would need to be discussed. Travel to regional sites to be agreed, expenses incurred from travel outside of the M25/Greater London will be subject to Home Office Travel and Subsistence Policy.
- Security clearance
- All staff must be SC cleared. We will ask bidders for details of key personnel, if successful the bidder will be asked for confirmation of security clearance or we will initiate clearance process.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Have a demonstrable understanding of ISO 8000-1 and its components – 11%
- Have demonstrable experience of data elements including profiling, quality rules definition and automation, data quality matching principles and rules - 11%
- Demonstrable experience of delivering analytical solutions to solve data quality issues - 11%.
- Demonstrable experience of root cause analysis and permanent solution implementation – 9%.
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with different data groups within government departments – 5%.
- Demonstrable experience of creating MI reporting and metrics driven business models – 5%.
- Demonstrable experience of establishing new governance regimes for business units within government departments – 4%.
- Demonstrable experience of the capability to quickly work within a new complex environment – 4%.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- BCS or ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis
- Understand the environment for change including internal and external drivers
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work as one team with our organisation and other suppliers – 3%.
- Transparent and collaborative when making decisions – 4%.
- Development of people through knowledge sharing and mentoring – 3%.
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is this role within IR35?
- We don't yet know the IR35 status of this role. The IR35 status will depend on information the preferred supplier must provide before a contract can be awarded.
- 2. Is there an expected headcount for the team?
- The Team will consist of four people Product Manager, Lead BA & 2 BA Resources
- 3. Will you be requiring the specialist's CV at this point?
- No. CV's will be requested once short-listing has been completed
- 4. What is the expected timescale for the proof of concept? and would an initial SOW be for just that period of time?
- The Initial POC has been completed, the follow up work will be a number of Alphas and Betas that will be defined as the project progresses the initial SOW will be reviewed after the initial 9 months
- 5. Can you confirm if you will consider candidates who are willing to undergo Security Clearance?
- 6. Both roles seem to be the same so the question is if we put someone up for the 014 role will they be considered for the 14A role or do we submit the same person for both?
- You have to submit the same or different candidates for both. These are separate procurements
- 7. The supplier is expected to construct a feature team made of up of the specialist skills required to deliver the outcomes." Are you looking for 1 specialist initially and the team will be built up around that specialist
- The Home Office are looking for 2 business analyst to undertake analytical work on the data that the Home Office holds.
- 8. Have you put this role, through the HMRC Tool for Determination yet ? the "Off Payroll" legislation is not about the person, it's about the position / role and it is up to you as the client to decide on the “status” of the role, regardless of supplier.
- It is up to the candidate to answer the questions asked in the HMRC to determine their status
- 9. Can this project become an outcome project?
- Yes- this is an outcome project
- 10. In relation to the answer to question 8, may we refer you to the following .Gov.UK link https://www.gov.uk/guidance/off-payroll-working-in-the-public-sector-reform-of-intermediaries-legislation and this part of the guidance "How the reform works in practice ***The responsibility for deciding if the legislation should be applied, shifts from the worker’s intermediary to the public authority the worker is supplying their services to***" So please can you let us know if the legislation applies
- The IR35 status will be determined by the Home Office using the HMRC assessment tool based answers supplied by the winning bidder.
- 11. If we are unable to find candidates with demonstrable understanding of ISO 8000-1, will you consider candidates with ISO 8000 instead?