DWP Senior Agile Delivery Manager 5
4 Incomplete applications
3 SME, 1 large
22 Completed applications
20 SME, 2 large
- Monday 13 March 2023
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 15 March 2023 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 20 March 2023 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Delivery manager
- Off-payroll (IR35) determination
- Supply of resource: the off-payroll rules will apply to any workers engaged through a qualifying intermediary, such as their own limited company
- Summary of the work
- Part of an internal team ensuring the delivery of the RBAC programme. Delivering key objectives and working closely with cross functional product teams building a delivery roadmap and acting as delivery lead, removing blockers ensuring deliverables are met. You will take an agile iterative approach ensuring improvements and deliverables met.
- Latest start date
- Saturday 15 July 2023
- Expected contract length
- 4 months
- North West England
- Organisation the work is for
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Maximum day rate
- £725 inside of IR35
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- You will be working as part of an multidisciplinary team, with BA's, Relationship managers, PMO and a programme lead along with utilising other internal staff. You will be working in a cross-functional manner, with the expectation to work with wider teams within the department such as policy or Ops.
- What the specialist will work on
- Their role will include owning service delivery for a significant function. They will work closely with cross functional product teams to build a delivery roadmap. They will have experience of business operational process design, user research, user experience design and aspects of policy development to help manage delivery and setting the pace for delivery.
- Address where the work will take place
- Manchester HUB 2 St Peter’s Square | Manchester - M2 3AA
- Working arrangements
- Working arrangements will be a blend of remote working and working from the Manchester Hub site, you will spend roughly 40% of your time onsite and 60% at home.
- Security clearance
- BPSS Minimum Security Clearance
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Can work within a multidisciplinary team across digital and non-digital channels.
- Experience of managing agile delivery of projects/programmes
- Build relationships and work closely with policy, legal and other expert colleagues to make sure programme meets policy intent.
- Understands the variety and complexity of users’ digital needs and how the programme will meet those needs. Understands the importance of assisted digital.
- You will have experience of business operational process design, user research, user experience design and aspects of policy development to help manage delivery and setting the pace for delivery.
- You will have the ability to adapt and reflect, be resilient but also able to recognise when something does not work and encourage a mind-set of experimentation.
- The ADM will nurture relationships with senior stakeholders and lead on the development of business improvement.
- You will act as a servant-leader and promote self-managing teams ensuring impediments and blockers are mitigated or removed.
- The ADM will own business relationships with various teams across DWP and ensure that their programme has effective governance mechanisms.
- Ensuring funding is in place and track spending on their programme.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience in security or identity will be beneficial
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Ensure that important messages are communicated with colleagues and stakeholders respectfully, taking into consideration the diversity of interests.
- Understand the strategic drivers for your area of work. Align activities to contribute to wider organisational priorities. Remain alert to emerging issues and trends which might impact your work area.
- Seek out and share experiences to develop knowledge of the team’s business area.
- Understand how the strategies and activities of the team create value and meet the diverse needs of all stakeholders.
- Communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner, choosing appropriate styles to maximise understanding and impact.
- Ensure communication has a clear purpose and takes into account people’s individual needs. Share information as appropriate and check understanding.
- Show positivity and enthusiasm towards work, encouraging others to do the same.
- Taking an understanding approach towards the wide variety of users in DWP, and being able to translate complex digital problems into a simple format so all can understand it
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there an incumbent?
- 2. Is there an incumbent?
- 3. Is the quoted day rate Inc. or Ex. VAT?
- This role is inside IR35 but the rate is exclusive of VAT
- 4. Is this the same requirement as the Agile DM 3 & 4?
- It is the same role but the contract period lengths are different
- 5. Do we have any potential to extend this role beyond 4 months?
- It is unlikely this role will be extended as it is supporting a project that finishes in the autumn but an optional 25% extension will be built in.
- 6. what is the ideal start date for this role?
- Monday 17th July
- 7. We note that the contract start date is not till 15th July. There is a high probability that the resource we submit may not be available at that point in time. Are the authority willing to accept responses on the understanding that an alternative (of similar experience, skills and location) may need to be substituted in this scenario?
- Ideally the Department would like the supplier to provide a candidate who will be available for the start and entirety of this contract, however, the contract is with the supplier not named resource.