DWP - DWP Place - Senior Business Analyst (2)
6 Incomplete applications
6 SME, 0 large
16 Completed applications
16 SME, 0 large
- Monday 20 February 2023
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 22 February 2023 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 27 February 2023 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Business analyst
- Off-payroll (IR35) determination
- Supply of resource: the off-payroll rules will apply to any workers engaged through a qualifying intermediary, such as their own limited company
- Summary of the work
- The specialist will need to be highly experienced with the ServiceNow product including implementation of continuous improvement iterations, deal with the development and design of features and applications. They will work within the overall Software Development Lifecycle Process as part of a delivery team supporting delivering iterative benefits .
- Latest start date
- Monday 3 April 2023
- Expected contract length
- 24 months with an optional extension period of up to 6 months
- North West England
- Organisation the work is for
- DWP - DWP Place (Request)
- Maximum day rate
- £550 per day (ex VAT). This role is Inside IR35
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The specialist will work with the existing DWP Augmented Teams, this will consist of DWP Digital staff and other 3rd party suppliers engaged in Service Now development work
- What the specialist will work on
The DWP are looking to engage with a supplier to provide a Business Analyst preferably with Agile experience to work with the existing DWP Place Integration and Continuous Improvement team.
The role of a ServiceNow Business Analyst is to design and develop solutions to meet requirements as directed and according to departmental policy to improve the capability, usability and stability of the ServiceNow platform. ceremonies, Stakeholder engagement, reporting, dependency management. Knowledge of Service now or knowledge of delivering Integration components desirable but not essential
- Address where the work will take place
- DWP Digital Hub sites : 2 St Peters Square, Manchester, Peel Park, Blackpool, Quarry House, Leeds, Kings Court, Sheffield or Benton Park View, Newcastle
- Working arrangements
- Specialist will work 5 working days per week. The specialist will be expected to attend site 40% of their working time in line with DWP's Hybrid working policy working remotely for the remainder of their time. Days of attendance on site will be as determined by DWP management. The specialist will be required to be online between the hours of 8:00AM - 17:00PM Monday to Friday
- Security clearance
- All suppliers must BPSS cleared and On-Shore
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Be highly experienced in business analytics
- Planning Skills - Agile Sprints, milestone planning
- Risk Management: Issues and Dependencies.
- Stakeholder Management, Communication, presentation and faciliation, able to run key Agile Ceremonies such as stand-up retrospectives. Desireable skills: knowledge of Service Now and or delivery of Digital integration requirements
- Agile Team development Skills
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Service Now knowledge would be an advantage
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work well as the lead of a team and keep the team motivated to perform well
- Transfer knowledge gained through the team and be willing to share experiences across the wider department.
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Is accountable and takes responsibility for their work
- Can work with colleagues with little or no technical knowledge
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there currently an incumbent?
- 2. Can our candidate work from the Sheffield base 2 days per week as the requirement? Or do they need to visit the other sites too?
- Sheffield as a base is fine but there will be a need to travel to other sites such as Manchester, Blackpool and Newcastle as directed by the line manager. This will be based on business need.