DBS Oracle Cloud Infrastructure platform
11 Incomplete applications
8 SME, 3 large
13 Completed applications
10 SME, 3 large
- Thursday 16 February 2023
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 23 February 2023 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 2 March 2023 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Technical Architect
- Off-payroll (IR35) determination
- Supply of resource: the off-payroll rules will apply to any workers engaged through a qualifying intermediary, such as their own limited company
- Summary of the work
DBS Civ Pers CDS is looking for a Technical Architect with expertise in implementing a multi- application platform in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure. Working with the in-house Solution Architect team the Technical Architect will validate the current platform design and provide recommendations.
Experience of IDCS and ODA are an advantage.
- Latest start date
- Monday 17 April 2023
- Expected contract length
- 6 months
- South West England
- Organisation the work is for
- Defence Business Services
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The team consists of 2 solutions architects building the current platform and 1 Network and 2 Unix specialists working on the legacy platform but transitioning to cloud operations.
- What the specialist will work on
- A platform is being built on Oracle cloud Infrastructure ( OCI) for hosting third party applications and cloud native applications for DBS Civ Pers. The role is to validate the current architecture, design improvements and build the agreed architecture collaboratively with DBS technical staff ensuring knowledge transfer is successful
- Address where the work will take place
DBS Abbewood North, New Road Bristol.
DBS Cheadle Hulme, Dairy House Lane, Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire
DBS Norcross, Norcross lane, Thornton Cleveleys, Blackpool, Lancs
- Working arrangements
- At least 2 days on site for face to face collaborations and remotely using provided MOD laptop
- Security clearance
- Only those holding a current SC can be engaged.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Experience of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Understand security postures for clouds
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- share knowledge and experience with team members
- challenging status quo
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there currently an incumbent in place?
- No. This is a new position needed to carry on the work previously completed
- 2. How many days onsite is required per week?
- Our current expectation is that staff will be on site at least 20% of their time . This is a minimum and further attendance will be based on the need for team collaboration.
- 3. What is the day rate?
- We are expecting a day rate of up to a max of £1000 per day.
- 4. Can the specialist work the 2 on-site days at their own choice of any of the 3 locations specified?
- The current tea, is based in Abbeywood and Cheadle Hulme. The latter will close and staff relocate to offices in Thornton Clevely, Blackpool in Sep 23
- 5. Is there a 3rd Party?
- DBS has a contract with IBM providing platform support services.
- 6. Is this inside or outside ir35?
- This role is expected to be outside IR35.
- 7. Will the candidate have to attend all 3 sites? Or is there a preferred location?
- This is as required. The current team is split across Abbeywood, Bristol and Cheadle Hulme (which will close in Sep 23) relocating to Blackpool. Attendance is more likely to be in the southwest site.