Powys Teaching Health Board Infrastructure Review
11 Incomplete applications
10 SME, 1 large
7 Completed applications
7 SME, 0 large
- Thursday 18 November 2021
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 22 November 2021 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 25 November 2021 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Business analyst
- Off-payroll (IR35) determination
- Supply of resource: the off-payroll rules will apply to any workers engaged through a qualifying intermediary, such as their own limited company
- Summary of the work
- Powys Teaching Health Board require an independent review of our ICT Infrastructure to form a short, medium and long term plan to upgrade and improve.
- Latest start date
- Friday 10 December 2021
- Expected contract length
- Organisation the work is for
- Powys Teaching Local Health Board
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- Powys Digital Transformation and Informatics team
- What the specialist will work on
• To identify and document the current systems, contractual positions and associated costs of the service
• To document the current risks to service delivery and any cyber security vulnerabilities identified.
• To complete a needs analysis with stakeholder consultation
• To identify the Gaps in the current provisions against the Health Boards needs
• To identify any quick wins that can be achieved in current financial year out of available funds
• To identify a high level strategy to identify additional workstreams following end of financial year.
• To identify and document recommendations for a cloud strategy
- Address where the work will take place
- Head Office ICT Bronllys Hospital, Bronllys, Brecon, Powys, LD3 0LU
- Working arrangements
- Flexible ie no onsite days necessary unless they need to physically look, but meetings can be held virtually
- Security clearance
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- To document the current risks to service delivery and any cyber security vulnerabilities identified
- To complete a needs analysis with stakeholder consultation for Unified Communications and Telephony
- To complete a needs analysis with stakeholder consultation of the Data Networking environment
- WAN security consisting of Firewalls and compliance data centre
- To complete a needs analysis of compute, Storage and physical Servers
- To complete a needs analysis and recommendations for SQL provision and strategy for the short, medium and long term
- To identify the Gaps in the current provisions against the Health Boards needs in terms of infrastructure
- To identify any quick wins that can be achieved in current financial year out of available funds
- To identify and document a review of gaps/issues in our Wi-Fi infrastructure and provide recommendations
- To identify and document recommendations for a cloud strategy
- Timescale to complete 6 weeks or before Jan 30th
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- To identify and document the current systems, contractual positions and associated costs of the service
- To complete a needs analysis of Backup, Comms Rooms and Hosting and resilience.
- To identify a high level strategy to identify additional workstreams following end of financial year
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
- Share knowledge and experience with other team
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there a preferred incumbent/supplier?
- No there is not.
- 2. Is there any procurement documentation available prior to the qualification questions?
- Please confirm what documents would be required?
- 3. Can the Authority provide an approximate number of servers and network devices involved in the review?
- Physical 35 servers approx., Network Devices 120 (excluding AP’s)
- 4. Can the Authority provide the approximate number of end users that are supported by this infrastructure?
- 5. How many cloud services are in use?
- Only O365 Welsh Tenant, No IaaS/PaaS currently deployed.
- 6. Are the Authority’s aims, needs and strategy clearly defined and available?
- No, that’s why we are doing this to help us define the strategy
- 7. Can the delivery date be extended to complete by the end of February?
- 8. Will the successful supplier be permitted to deploy automated discovery tooling to assist in data capture?
- Yes, providing the device is aligned with our security requirements (AV etc)
- 9. Please can you provide a day rate?
- 10. Please can you provide a breakdown of timescales, for example, when interviews will be held?
- The consultancy should start Dec and be completed by end Jan
- 11. Please can you confirm if you are a Cisco house?
- 95% Yes Servers are Dell
- 12. Q7 discusses a Gap analysis between the current provisions at the hospital and the Health Boards needs. Please can you confirm that the Health Board has its “Requirements” and other similar enabling/specification documents in place. ie our consultant will be working against a known desired end result. Defining what the Health Board might specify, working from a blank sheet of paper, is a different piece of work entirely
- The aim is for the consultancy to have the experience and knowledge of “what great looks like” for a cost effective & modern secure infrastructure and to be able to recommend short, medium and long term projects to address those gaps identified. This will get us to where we need to be for an efficient , secure and modern/future proofed Infrastructure. This will be achieved through stakeholder engagement to understand the strategic direction and by reviewing existing delivery plans & risk registers.
- 13. The quoted end date of 30th January is very tight. There is exactly 6 weeks between the start and finish dates. If the contract is let late, with say a one week delay, will the finish date be the later of 6 weeks / 30th Jan, or the earlier.
- Ideally if starting late there would be hope that they can catch up but if not the week delay may run to 1st week of Feb
- 14. With respect to the 35 physical servers, how many VMs are running?
- 119 as of this morning (though number will change as a number need to be decommissioned).