Dev Ops Engineer – Contract 2
3 Incomplete applications
3 SME, 0 large
21 Completed applications
21 SME, 0 large
- Tuesday 18 May 2021
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 25 May 2021 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 1 June 2021 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Off-payroll (IR35) determination
- Summary of the work
- Disclosure Scotland provides criminal record checking services to individuals and organisations to support safer recruitment and protect vulnerable groups. We are currently undergoing a digital transformation . This is a rare opportunity to help transform the way we provides this critical public service.
- Latest start date
- Monday 28 June 2021
- Expected contract length
- Contract will be let in 6 month increments, up to 23 months.
- Organisation the work is for
- Disclosure Scotland
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The existing team is comprised of contract and Civil Service resources. The specialist will be expected to be embedded into the Digital team as well as working with the other members of the business.
- What the specialist will work on
•Implement high-level technical requirements in a reliable, scalable and performant way
•provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues
•ensure due technical consideration is given to make processes repeatable, scalable and secure
•have deep technical knowledge and experience in DevOps environments, providing support to delivery teams and solving complex problems
•Attend all associated Agile ceremonies and make use of collaborative tooling (Slack, Confluence, Jira)
•Be proactive on identifying improvements.
•Be transparent and collaborative when making decisions
•Be able to work with clients with low technical expertise
Some out of hours working may be required during release schedules and hotfixes.
- Address where the work will take place
Work remotely for now, when office opens, work will be at the below address.
1 Pacific Quay
- Working arrangements
• The specialist will be working remotely to start. Once the Scottish Government confirms the return to office based working, it is expected we will return to the office on a part time basis/as required.
• The specialist will be expected to attend meetings using MS Teams. No face to face meetings can occur at present.
• Make use of collaborative tooling (Slack, MS Teams, Miro, Confluence and Jira).
• The specialist will be pro-active
- Security clearance
Must have BPSS clearance to begin work.
Must be willing to go through SC clearance.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- 3+ years in a practical DevOps role
- Expert level Kubernetes infrastructure build and operate experience
- Demonstrable experience building secure solutions on Kubernetes at scale, ideally using AWS EKS
- Experience with Istio service mesh
- Experience building secure solutions using Hashicorp tooling: Terraform and Vault
- Able to demonstrate ability to containerise services using best practices
- Can demonstrate practical experience with RedHat/CentOS/Amazon Linux
- Can demonstrate practical experience with containers and container orchestration
- Experience of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences
- Demonstrable experience of using VCS (Version Control System) in team environments (eg, git, GitHub, BitBucket)
- Demonstrable experience delivering CI/CD pipelines
- Able to demonstrate mentoring colleagues in automation, security, and reliability, within a DevOps context
- Demonstrable experience of identifying manual processes suitable for automation
- Can demonstrate a firm grasp of DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of Terragrunt
- Worked in a GitOps driven environment
- Able to demonstrate they have worked in regulated environments (eg, finance, government)
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Be transparent and collaborative whilst working
- Have a no-blame culture and encourage people to learn from their mistakes
- Take responsibility for their work
- Share knowledge and experience with other team members
- Challenge the status quo
- Be comfortable standing up for their discipline
- Be comfortable with working with clients with both high and low technical expertise
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. PLEASE NOTE:
3 posts are available titled:
Dev Ops Engineer – Contract 1
Dev Ops Engineer – Contract 2
Dev Ops Engineer – Contract 3
You can submit one candidate on each advert. You can submit a different candidate for each advert or the same candidate for each advert. However If you submit the same candidate on more than one advert and are the top ranked evaluation proposal on more than one contract, then you can only be awarded one contract for that candidate and the next ranked supplier will be offered the contract for the remaining contracts still to be filled.
- 2. CV
f you wish to send a CV to support your applications, please send it to DS_PMO_Mailbox@disclosurescotland.gov.scot
(This is optional)
- 3. IR35 Status
- Outside IR35
- 4. Is there an incumbent?
- We have a team of Dev Ops Engineers. The 3 contracts advertised are to join that team, not replacing a incumbent.
- 5. Is the work currently remote working with a Scotland Base location? Is there scope for flexible location when restrictions ease? If so how much?
The role is currently remote, working from home.
The return to the office has not been fully decided as yet, however is expected to be on a as needed basis/flexible, likely maximum 2 days a week.
Office working will be based in Glasgow, 1 Pacific Quay.
6. • Is there an incumbent candidate in place supplying these services?
• Can you provide an indication of budget for each position please?
No incumbent, these are extra resources to join the existing team.
We have not set a rate, we are looking to to see what the market provides.