Transmitters & Antennas Lifecycle Manager (TALM).
1 Incomplete application
1 SME, 0 large
3 Completed applications
3 SME, 0 large
- Tuesday 22 September 2020
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 29 September 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 6 October 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Service manager
- Summary of the work
- Work alongside the existing transmitter support team providing specialist advice and guidance on the through life support, technical upgrade and development of HF transmitters and antennas, development of technical manuals and procedures, the provision of specialist advice, analysis of system statistics, track logistics arrangements, provision of monthly reports as agreed.
- Latest start date
- Monday 1 March 2021
- Expected contract length
- 12-months with a further 12-months unfunded option.
- No specific location, for example they can work remotely
- Organisation the work is for
- Programmes Office, HQ JCG, RAF Digby, Lincoln, LN4 3LH.
- Maximum day rate
- £980 (inc expenses and travel).
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Early engagement has been carried out with CDS Defence & Security Ltd to develop the requirement and confirm the availability of a suitably qualified and experienced person.
- Who the specialist will work with
- The specialist will work with the existing transmitter support team at JSSU (Cyprus).
- What the specialist will work on
- State of the art, vacuum tube and solid state RF transmitter technology and associated antenna, matrix, switches and mast systems.
- Address where the work will take place
- JSSU (Cyprus), Akrotiri, Cyprus.
- Working arrangements
- The specialist shall be on-site for face to face advice for 232 days per calendar year unless attending meetings as described below. The supplier shall submit a bid to include all life-support costs including housing, schooling, medical insurance, relocation expenses for the period of performance. The specialist will be expected to attend: 2 x three-week long OEM orientation visits at their overseas location; 1 x one-week long UK-based project meeting; and 2 x one-week long overseas-based project meeting per year (Mar - Sep/Jan respectively), the cost of which shall be included in the supplier's bid cost.
- Security clearance
- Developed Vetting appropriate for TS clearance including an Enhanced Clearance.
- Additional terms and conditions
- Bidders should include all travel, life support and associated costs within their bid. The annual contract cost should be invoiced in equal amounts through CP&F on a monthly basis.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- In-depth knowledge of the current HF vacuum tube-based transmitter technologies and antenna systems employed at the JSSU transmitter site
- 5+ years current experience of the HF vacuum tube-based transmitter system
- 5+ years current experience of the large-scale antenna and mast systems
- 5+ years current experience of high-power RF switching matrix and high-power RF switches
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Deep understanding of state of the art solid-state transmitter technologies in commercial development.
- Knowledge and understanding of RF sampling and performance monitoring techniques and technologies.
- A professionally recognised project management qualification (Prince, APMP).
- Understanding and experience of military culture and command lines.
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Must be familiar with the military environment and be willing to work alongside regular military personnel and contractors.
- Must be willing to travel and work extended hours when necessary to meet operational demands and Major Servicing Periods and System Upgrade periods.
- Must be able to work as a team within a programme structure and with suppliers.
- Must be supportive of and mentor colleagues with less experience.
- Must have the ability to explain technical aspects to non-technical people.
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there a current incumbent?
- No there is no current incumbent, this is a new requirement.
- 2. Are you able to sponsor DV clearance?
- The supplier is responsible for arranging all clearances in time to meet the start deadline.
- 3. Could you please confirm that this role can be worked remotely in the UK with travel to Cyprus?
- Due to the frequency of interaction required by the Specialist they will need to be located in Cyprus for the period of this contract.
- 4. Could you please clarify if there is a requirement for a Cyber Risk Assessment?
- Yes. The supplier is requested to complete an Risk Assessment Review - reference: RAR-NZ3X8TCN