ViSOR Database Administrator
6 Incomplete applications
5 SME, 1 large
12 Completed applications
11 SME, 1 large
- Wednesday 13 May 2020
- Deadline for asking questions
- Wednesday 20 May 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Wednesday 27 May 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Content designer
- Summary of the work
Essential Skills include:
Java / J2EE / Oracle Database/ SQL Rational s/w clear case, quest, Toad.
WebLogic 10&12, Eclipse IDE, Struts 1 Java EE framework.
Service management tools, such as Service Now and Remedy
Desirable Skills include:
Knowledge of the ViSOR (Dangerous Persons Database) application and dataset
- Latest start date
- Wednesday 1 July 2020
- Expected contract length
- 2 years
- No specific location, for example they can work remotely
- Organisation the work is for
- Home Office
- Maximum day rate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
Database Administrator to work in the Development Team responsible for developing and maintaining the system that supports the Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA)for managing the most dangerous offenders in the UK.
Although the system was known as the Violent and Sexual Offenders Register (ViSOR) it manages a larger range of offenders; therefore, an understanding of the criminal justice system and how the various departments, agencies, prison and probation interact to deliver service to the public is required
- What the specialist will work on
• Investigate problems with the system to establish root causes.
• Design and deliver Data Extracts based on user needs
• Correct live data
• Analyse and design Oracle database solutions for VISOR RFCs.
• Fix defects and problems in Oracle DB J2EE landscape.
• Represent ViSOR development team interests and consult when necessary.
• Home office policy – adhere to and keep abreast of company policies, including being responsible with information.
• Keep abreast of emerging tech and roadmap for ViSOR
- Address where the work will take place
- Work will take place at a restricted development area located in Marsham Street, Westminster in Central London. However, the successful candidate can work from home.
- Working arrangements
- 5 day week
- Security clearance
- Applicants must have Home Office SC clearance and NPPV 3 clearance as the applicants will have access to sensitive information on offenders. This clearance must be demonstrated before any sensitive information is shared with potential candidates. This is mandatory and only applications with the requisite clearance with the considered.
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- SC Clearance & NPPV3 Clearance
- Java / J2EE / Oracle Database/ SQL Rational s/w clear case, quest, Toad
- Unix commands
- WebLogic 10&12, Eclipse IDE, Struts 1 Java EE framework
- Service management tools , such as Service Now and Remedy
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Ability to consult with team members, users and other stakeholders
- Coaching and knowledge transfer
- Knowledge of Criminal Justice Systems and a working knowledge of conviction data since ViSOR is used to manage offenders according to current legislation
- Understanding of the Police National Computer (PNC) and relevant dataset as ViSOR interfaces with PNC as a primary source of offender data
- Knowledge of the ViSOR (Dangerous Persons Database) application and dataset
- Knowledge of supporting software such OS Places, Rest webservice and dataset
- General MS Office Toolset
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Working with other people
- How the contractor handles mistakes
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Would this role be Inside or Outside IR35?
- The role is outside IR35
- 2. The position in this states Content Designer which doesn't match the term Database Administrator – can you clarify what you are seeking please?
The DBA shall be responsible for developing and maintaining the system that supports the Multi-Agency Public Protection Arrangements (MAPPA)for managing the most dangerous offenders in the UK.
Investigating problems with the system to establish root causes.
Designing and delivering Data Extracts based on user needs
Correcting live data
- 3. Hello, is there a current incumbent in this role?
- There's a contractor fulfilling the role currently.
- 4. Is there a current incumbent?
- There's an incumbent in the role
- 5. Will the current incumbent be considered for the role?
- Applications from both current and new applicants shall be considered on equal terms. This should allow an level playing field and achieving value for money.
- 6. Will you consider sponsoring a consultant for SC clearance ?
- Due to the nature of the requirements and timescales the candidate must have the requisite clearances ready start work.
- 7. what does value for money look like? you havent mentioned butdget – what is the current incumbent costing you?
- The Home Office is looking for cost savings across contracts and will invite applicants to make offers that commensurate with the role to meet those needs.