RM1043/CCT864 - OEHE Planner (Operational Enterprise Service Business Hosting Environment)
5 Incomplete applications
4 SME, 1 large
41 Completed applications
41 SME, 0 large
- Friday 24 April 2020
- Deadline for asking questions
- Tuesday 28 April 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 1 May 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Delivery manager
- Summary of the work
Lead the team as the Microsoft Project SME within the C4ISR team at MOD Corsham.
Impart knowledge, introduce processes and best practice into a reshaping team delivery capability into multiple areas.
An exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation working differently to the rest of the MOD.
- Latest start date
- Tuesday 26 May 2020
- Expected contract length
- 26 May 2020 - 09 Aug 2020 with an Option for a further 12 months
- South West England
- Organisation the work is for
- ASDT OEHE Team, Defence Digital, Ministry of Defence
- Maximum day rate
£600.00 ex-VAT per day.
Limit of Liability for T&S of £3,000.00 (with prior approval & at MOD extant rates).
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
ASDT are a dynamic and forward leaning organisation in the Ministry of Defence (MOD). They are implementing and showcasing a change of approach in the MOD with organisational structure and are implementing AGILE into both project management and the technical space.
The C4ISR group require a skilled specialist who is also willing to impart knowledge to a group that is able to listen and adjust to advice.
This team are about to undergo some significant challenges and introduce new capability to the MOD.
- What the specialist will work on
a. Production of reporting detail on status and quality of project plans on a monthly basis.
b. Providing evidence to support robust governance/reporting ensuring consistent regular submissions to Defence Digital & SRO.
c. Ensuring Risk and Resource adjusted plans are produced and provide evidence for decision making. Identifying shortfalls in resources utilising technical and project management staff.
d. Effective planning and scheduling. Monitoring and development of delivery schedule. Maintaining quality of schedule to meet DD policy standards.
e. Support to timely business/commitment case generation.
f. Effective stakeholder management and documentation as required.
- Address where the work will take place
MOD Corsham, Wiltshire, SN13 9NR.
Travel may be required to attend meetings at other locations.
- Working arrangements
The specialist will be expected to work full-time during the period 26 May to 09 August 2020 (54 days) with an option of a further year.
The Corsham delivery team works in an Agile scrum environment.
Travel and subsistence (T&S) expenses to attend other sites will be payable from Corsham using MOD extant rates and T & S practices. Where possible, MOD Rail Warrants or the Travel Cell will be used.
- Security clearance
SC Clearance must be in place prior to the contract start date and for the duration of the contract. DV Clearance is not required.
This role is outside of IR35.
Cyber Risk Assessment - TBA
PDAL and SAL letters shall be issued for this contract.
There is a current incumbent.
- Additional terms and conditions
DEFCONs 658 Cyber & 659 Security.
Crown Patents drafting
“AUTHORISATION BY THE CROWN FOR USE OF THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Notwithstanding any other provisions of the Contract and for the avoidance of doubt, award of the Contract by the Authority and placement of any contract task under it does not constitute an authorisation by the Crown under Sections 55 and 56 of the Patents Act 1977 or Section 12 of the Registered Designs Act 1949. The Contractor acknowledges... with reference to the acts authorised and the specific intellectual property involved." will apply.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience in working within a Programme of a similar size and complexity – 10 points.
- Expert level user of Microsoft Enterprise Project Management solution with experience of managing programme dependencies, baselining and tracking – 10 points
- Evidence of producing EPM plans against AGILE projects and can circumvent or overcome the associated challenges – 10 points
- Workshopping: ability to lead small to medium sized groups of stakeholders to extract relevant schedule information to feed into schedules – 5 points
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to challenging timescales – 5 points
- Proven organisational skills – 10 points
- Strong analytical skills – 5 points
- Excellent communication skills – 5 points
- Reporting: ability to gather, analyse and present accurate, consistent messages to senior management boards – 5 points
- Experience in liaising with industry partners – 5 points
- Experience of dealing with remote groups of stakeholders and managing expectations and communications between disparate groups – 10 points
- Experience in working in a large-scale technical project – 5 points
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Ability to understand programme objectives and proactively link these to scheduling and risk management functions – 5 points
- IT Literate, with experience of Microsoft Office 365 including SharePoint – 5 points
- Working with the MOD – 5 points
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Works to agile methodology - 20 points
- Have experience in working within a team that covers multiple organisations - 20 points
- Be customer oriented - 15 points
- Shares knowledge, experience and expertise with other team members - 15 points
- Communicates clearly - 10 points
- Have strong stakeholder management skills - 10 points
- Be transparent and collaborative - 10 points
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
1. Q1. a. Is this a continuation of existing project work?
b. If so, is there an incumbent of the role?
A1. a. Yes, it's a continuation.
b. Yes, there is a current incumbent.
- 2. Q2. Can you give an indication of the factor effecting the extension and whether extension appears likely to be required?
- A2. This will be based on the current workload and progress of the schedule – it is anticipated that this may be likely, Subject to Contract & MOD internal financial approval.
- 3. Q3. a. Will any home working be allowed? If so, how many days per week?
- A3. This will depend upon the team, workload and meeting schedules – as such this can be negotiated on a day by day basis.
- 4. Q4. Is there an incumbent in the role?
- A4. Yes, there is a current incumbent.
- 5. Q5. Will the incumbent be reapplying for this position?
- A5. This will be up to the current incumbent & MOD have no influence.
- 6. Q6. Will the specialist be able to work remotely due to Covid19?
- A6. Scheduling has been maintained through COVID 19 and the relevant tools to enable this are available.
7. Q7. a. Is there an incumbent in the role?
b. Can you give any more details on the types of projects Agile is being implemented across or just across everything?
A7. a. Yes, there is an incumbent in the role.
b. Agile is being implemented across a small percentage of the programme which are web design and application specific. Traditional IT system / hardware movements are being tracked using Waterfall. As such the incumbent needs to be fluent in both areas.
- 8. Q8. Would you sponsor SC clearance or candidate should already be SC cleared?
- A8. Due to the duration of the initial contract period it is the Authority’s expectation that the successful bidder will hold sufficient SC clearance at Contract award for its personnel to deliver the required outcomes.
- 9. Q9. Can the authority clarify what is meant by ‘This team is about to undergo some significant challenges and introduce new capability to the MOD’. Does this mean cultural or strategic direction from MOD?
- A9. This refers to the workload the programme is undertaking with new projects being introduced at least 2-3 per month requiring planning and scheduling.
- 10. Q10. Does the authority intend to design and shape the future blueprint of working in a blended method, ie Agile and Waterfall as a future Pathfinder Project across the rest of the MOD?
- A10. The work may provide lessons learnt for this type of goal however this is not something the programme is producing as a defined output. In addition the nature of the work predominantly being at SECRET restricts pull through to other areas in some aspects.