Business Analyst - IPO Transformation copy
15 Incomplete applications
15 SME, 0 large
51 Completed applications
50 SME, 1 large
- Thursday 5 March 2020
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 9 March 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 12 March 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Business analyst
- Summary of the work
- You will be an experienced Business Analyst with proven experience of working on large scale process re-engineering programmes, with a demonstrable background in applying visionary and transformational thinking in relation to process definition, challenging the norms and driving forward whole scale change.
- Latest start date
- Monday 6 April 2020
- Expected contract length
- 6 months initially with opportunity to extend
- Organisation the work is for
- Intellectual Property Office
- Maximum day rate
- £650 a day
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The business analyst will work as part of a team of analysts under the leadership of the Senior Business Analyst assigned to the IPO's Transformation programme. The candidate will work across the organisation and it's customer base, engaging with staff at all levels to effectively understand and document the business processes, procedures and practices that currently make up the IPO and help define its future way of working.
- What the specialist will work on
Intellectual Property Office are currently transforming their business services, within the scope of the Transformation Programme to create services that are;
-as common as they can be across all rights
-designed with customers and focused on their requirements
-easy to use and resilient
-supported by effective technical and business support. This is a great opportunity to work on a high profile programme that will deliver transformed IP services. The successful candidate will work within the transformation programme team to deliver new ways of working and new services to the IPO.
- Address where the work will take place
- Intellectual Property Office, Concept House, Cardiff Road, Newport NP10 8QQ
- Working arrangements
- Full time on site
- Security clearance
- Full SC Clearance - IPO can look sponsor SC clearance where needed
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Evidence of documenting, critically reviewing and re-engineering business processes, workflows and business rules for large, transformational programmes of work
- Evidence of application of visionary and transformational thinking in relation to process definition, challenging the norms and driving whole scale change with demonstrable business benefit.
- Evidence of encouraging business teams to make difficult decisions and leading and influencing discussions to drive this change forward
- Experience of using suitable methodologies, tools and standards (eg BPMN, LEAN)
- Experience in identifying solutions to problems that maximise organisational benefit while aligning with strategic direction
- Experience in identifying, shaping and specifying business and technical options to transform an organisations business and ways of working
- Evidence of working with Architects to document and design business and solution architecture
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Ability to build and maintain a ‘toolkit’ of techniques and methodologies
- Experience driving outcomes and making decision effectively while also considering the point of view of others
- Experience demonstrating value of proposals to user and senior management groups using both written and verbal presentation skills
- Experience and evidence of contributing to clients Analyst & Service Design communities
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a work history.
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Has an inclusive approach to engaging with internal stakeholders that will support project success.
- Will work transparently, and collaboratively as one team with our organisation and other suppliers.
- Can demonstrate how it will openly share work and outputs iteratively throughout the project for IPO consideration and challenge.
- Has experience of working with Government departments such as the IPO.
- Has evidence of how the supplier integrates with an existing team, takes ownership of problems and resolves issues.
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there a current incumbent?
- There is not an incumbent
- 2. Could you please confirm the IR35 status?
- As we will be contracting for outcomes this will not be considered Contingent Labour and will therefore fall outside of IR35.
- 3. Can we provide additional oversight outside for the dedicated resource for this project?
- Please can you clarify what is meant by this?
- 4. Is the project for one dedicated resource or can we use a blend of resources throughout the six months?
- A dedicated resource is preferable for reasons of continuity however if the resource was no longer available we would expect the supplier to provide a replacement.
- 5. Is there an expenses policy for the project?
- Expenses will be in line with IPO's Travel & Expense policy
- 6. Are expenses included in the £650 a day rate and if not, are expenses capped?
- In the main expenses will be included within the day rate however the IPO's Travel & Expense Policy will apply if business travel is required.
7. "If we have more than 1 profile, which may be a good fit for the role, the:
1. Can we propose multiple profiles
2. If yes, then how?"
- You can only put forward one profile per supplier
8. -What level of security clearance is required for this role?
• Is there any flexible working such as 1 remote or shorter week ( 4 days per week) possible?
• When do you expect the candidate to start the role?
We expect all contractor resources on site 5 days a week during working hours to enable them to fully integrate with the teams they are working with. After a few months, we would be able to review this situation to see if there is any flexibility around working patterns etc based on the team profile.
SC Clearance, latest start date Monday 6th April
- 9. Is the rate inclusive of potential agency fee (all-inclusive except VAT)?
- Yes this is the rate IPO would be charged excluding vat.