1. Would you support SC applications for staff who don't yet have SC clearance but capable of achieving SC status?
Yes, while candidates who are already SC cleared will be simpler and easier to onboard, we do actively do this for candidates as you describe so we would support their applications.
2. Can you please confirm the expected or approximate contract length?
The contract will be awarded as a standard DOS Framework contract with an expiry date two years from issue, and a six month extension provision, though the actual contract will be managed via individual Statements of Work of varying length depending upon the project phase.
3. Can you provide more detail in respect to the quantity/size of data (total size and no of records) and how it is currently federated (is it stored in multiple datasets/databases or amalgamated across a single dataset/database? - Looking at the information suggests it's multiple datasets/databases but would be good to confirm.
The total data in our analytical data store is approximately 40Tbytes, and comprises billions of records. We currently store data in multiple schemes in a Pivotal Greenplum database and retain source format, history and latest state. We are however looking to move both storage and compute capability to AWS.
4. 1. Can you advise what type of data is contained in the current analytics platform? (for example, is it technical/systems data or Home Office specific data that might contain sensitive/private such as asylum applications, immigration data etc?
2. Are the systems that produce the data feeds that link to the analytics platform moving to the cloud along with the analytics platform or are these systems staying on prem?
3. How fast is the internet connection at the premises where the analytics platform is hosted/data is stored?
1. The data stored in our platforms is from multiple sources and includes:
a. Commercially available data e.g. Dunn and Bradstreet and GB.
b. Data from immigration and border systems (sensitive to highly
c. Data from policing and intel functions (sensitive to highly sensitive)
2. Some source systems are moving into the Cloud, others will remain
within the Home Office estate.
3. The current internet connection to the on premises capability
is 2 x 10Gbits links.
5. Can you please advise if this requirement is to solely cover the source provided by the contracting partner or will it cover all of the existing team?
Are you able to advise who the contracting partner is?
Existing permanent resources in the team will remain in post. The requirement is to provide replacement for the supplier provided expert resources needed to run the team at current capacity, with current capability, and help to transition to Cloud operations, and we cannot disclose whom that incumbent partner is.
6. Are you able to forecast the approximate expected size/number of resources required, based on the Statements of Work?
The current team stands at 11 total (3 full time Civil Servants, 2 Graduates and 6 supplier provided) and we expect this will need to flex by potentially a couple over the next year, but as we are only at the design stage of our bulk data pipeline replacement this is difficult to quantify exactly.
7. Was an Alpha phase carried out and if so, was it carried out by an incumbent or third party provider, separate to the existing team?
All Alpha phase work was carried out by the current incumbent team which is a mixed economy team of permanent Civil Servants, Graduates and contracted resource.
8. 1. How many people do you expect us to supply for this project?
2. What's the procurement timeline?
3.Do nice-to-haves bear the same weight as essential skills?
4. Any remote work flexibility?
1. We expect the current supplier team to be stable over at least the 1st year
2. Questions can be asked to Jan 20th, last date for submission of
applications is Jan 27th. Whilst the intention is to commence
service on March 2nd this will depend upon on-boarding requirements.
3. No. Essential skills are exactly that, essential. The nice to haves are also
exactly that, nice to have, and will form a part of the evaluation.
4. There is currently very limited opportunities for remote working so
bidders should assume that resources will be operating from Home