Corporate Agile Delivery Coaching
21 Incomplete applications
18 SME, 3 large
34 Completed applications
31 SME, 3 large
- Friday 10 January 2020
- Deadline for asking questions
- Friday 17 January 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Friday 24 January 2020 at 11:59pm GMT
- Summary of the work
WCC-RBKC are seeking to strengthen agile delivery in-line with GDS and the bi-borough IT strategy.
Delivery teams are inexperienced in agile delivery and early in the journey of adopting customer-centric and agile ways of working.
WCC-RBKC seeking supplier to deliver coaching on demand to our delivery teams, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Latest start date
- Monday 2 March 2020
- Expected contract length
- 12 months
- Organisation the work is for
- Westminster City Council
- Budget range
About the work
- Why the work is being done
- The Councils, led by the shared IT Department, are seeking to strengthen agile delivery in line with Government Digital Standards and the bi-borough IT strategy.
- Problem to be solved
- Delivery teams are inexperienced in Agile delivery and the Councils are early in the journey of adopting customer centric and agile ways of working.
- Who the users are and what they need to do
As a member of an agile delivery team I need agile coaching and guidance so that I can deliver my project in an agile way
As sponsor of agile delivery or a key stakeholder I need agile coaching and guidance so that I can lead or support more effective an agile delivery
- Early market engagement
- Any work that’s already been done
- This procurement is a core part of an 'Agile Movement' initiative to strengthen customer centric and agile change sponsored by the CIO.
- Existing team
- There is a small in-house Agile Movement Project Team. The supplier would be working directly with individuals and teams who are running agile IT projects.
- Current phase
- Address where the work will take place
Westminster City Hall, 64 Victorria Street, London SW1E 6QP
Kensington Town Hall, Hornton Street, London, W8 7NX
- Working arrangements
The supplier will work on site with individuals and teams. This may include:
1:1or team coaching (one off or multiple sessions)
supporting agile ceremonies
working alongside an agile delivery team on a day to basis imparting knowledge
- Security clearance
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrate your experience of coaching, mentoring, knowledge transfer and supporting teams, individuals and services to adopt agile values, behaviours, tools and technique (5%)
- Demonstrate your understanding of agile and approaches and supporting context, such as behaviours, governance, process and culture (5%)
- Experience of working in a local Authority environment or similar (5%)
- Demonstrate your knowledge and experience of agile tools, product and software development ability to select the right tools eg Jira, MS Planner (5%)
- Demonstrate your understanding and experience of agile governance for service design in line with the GDS principles (4%)
- Demonstrate your experience of agile coaching within the context of more traditional project and programme management (4%)
- Please list qualifications covering the following area (5%) Agile Coaching certification Agile delivery certification Project management certification Coaching certification
- Evidence of expertise in the evaluation of a team or individuals’ agile maturity and evidence of tailoring of approach 5%.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- ADDED VALUE Set out any innovative, unique or additional experience, service or offer you would bring (10%)
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a written proposal.
- How many suppliers to evaluate
- Proposal criteria
- Technical Solution
- Approach and methodology
- Delivery Strategy
- Team structure
- Delivery experience
- Value for money
- Cultural fit criteria
- Demonstrate your experience and ability to quickly win trust and influence senior leaders at the highest levels of the organisation
- Demonstrate your experience and ability to embed rapidly and effectively into diverse project environments, at different stages of delivery and seamlessly moving between projects within a LA environment
- Demonstrate your experience and ability to work in environments undergoing complex change
- Payment approach
- Capped time and materials
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Are you able to advise if this will be inside or outside of IR35 please?
- This engagement is outside the scope of IR 35
- 2. Has any agile training or coaching already been carried out with the teams?
- Some colleagues have taken part in/are soon to take part in GDS Agile training and there are a few colleagues who have further Agile qualifications, who the provider may or may not work with.
- 3. Is there an incumbent supplier already delivering similar activities or outcomes?
- 4. Is there an incumbent agile coach?
5. Could this requirement possibly be for a specialist rather than an outcome?
i.e: x1 Enterprise level Agile Coach
- This is an outcome requirement. This involves the provision of a team of agile coaches to deliver our requirements
- 6. What is the expected day rate?
- Suppliers to provide
- 7. Will you please express the budget as a Day Rate?
- Suppliers to provide
8. Regarding, "Please list qualifications covering the following areas: Agile Coaching certification; Agile delivery certification; Project management certification; Coaching certification."
Such qualifications are for an individual/specialist.
Why is this opportunity via Lot 1 (digital outcomes) as opposed to Lot 2 (digital specialists)? The latter also allows for multiple specialists to deliver an opportunity
- This is an outcome requirement with scope covering the agile coaching requirement of both Westminster City Council and Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- 9. How do you envisage these training will be done, i.e. frequency and numbers per session? Would help to enable us plan and ensure that price meets your requirement.
- This will be provided at the proposal stage.
- 10. Do you envisage this requirement to be one or two days per week or will this be on a requirement basis?
- This is subject to business requirement and associated SoW.
- 11. Do you envision the Supplier overseeing the existing delivery teams for delivery of the outcome or directly developing itself?
- This is an Agile coaching requirement and not a product delivery or product development requirement.
- 12. What does a successful outcome look like?
- Corporate appreciation and adoption of agile delivery principles and capabilities across the team.
- 13. As an outcomes-based contract, presumably we can identify how many resources are needed to fulfil your requirements, as long as your needs are met? For instance, we could set up a call-off contract for a certain number of days which you can draw down as required?
- This could be expressed at the proposal stage.
- 14. If you are looking for flexible agile coaching as needed, can we supply that through 2 key resources? That should provide sufficient delivery cover given the funds available.
- We are open to ideas through your proposal submissions.
- 15. Can you give an indication of how many coaching sessions you are expecting to need? This will help us understand what is possible for the budget.
- Additional details will be provided at stage 2 (proposal stage)
- 16. Will details of the outcomes we need to achieve be provided after shortlisting? Or will shortlisted suppliers be expected to quote only on the information provided in this opportunity? If the latter, please provide further details of the outcomes we need to achieve.
- Details provided after shortlisting.
- 17. Will the time and materials cap be the total cost proposed, or £100,000 ?
18. We understand price evaluation (30%) for outcome requirements is on total cost, not day rate. However it is also noted the payment method is capped time and materials, i.e., based on a day rate.
After shortlisting, for the purpose of an equal evaluation of price, will all suppliers be required to quote a total cost based on a specified number of coaching days? Or will suppliers be expected to estimate what coaching effort they believe is required to meet the outcomes, and quote accordingly?
- 30% commercial evaluation is at the proposal stage. Additional information regarding cost and requirement will be provided post shortlisting.
- 19. Is the budget exclusive of VAT?
- Budget exclude vat
- 20. Do the percentage scores mentioned on the Essential and NTH skills list mean that the scores for those elements will be carried over to the final Stage 2 scoring (and not just be used for the Stage 1 shortlisting as is usually the case)?
- Scores for shortlisting are for shortlisting only.
- 21. Your response to Q&A 10 and 13 imply you are not expecting full-time training and coaching from the winning supplier, can you clarify that the Stage 2 price assessment will therefore be based purely on day-rates?
- This will be based on supplier proposal in response to the requirements set out in proposal stage.