National Law Enforcement Data Programme (NLEDP) PND Service Architect
0 Incomplete applications
29 Completed applications
24 SME, 5 large
- Tuesday 18 October 2016
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 20 October 2016 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Tuesday 25 October 2016 at 11:59pm GMT
- Specialist role
- Service manager
- Summary of the work
- To work with the existing team to define, document and agree with all stakeholders the approach, implementation and ongoing service architecture. You will own the service disaggregation including security considerations and help shape the services, metrics and operating model for the application.
- Latest start date
- 14/11/2016 subject to clearance
- Expected contract length
- 12 months with the option to extend to maximum term
- Organisation the work is for
- Home Office
- Maximum day rate
- up to £850 for an exceptional candidate
About the work
- Early market engagement
- Who the specialist will work with
- The internal Programme team
- What the specialist will work on
- Service Disaggregation of an existing contract including planning, updating and ratifying the impacts and changes to SLA’s
- Address where the work will take place
- Home Office premises within the M25 – currently 2 Marsham Street, London SW1P 4DF, Metro Point, Sydenham Road, Croydon CR0 2EU and Hendon Data Centre, Aerodrome Road, London, NW9 5JE
- Working arrangements
- Work alongside existing team and project manager. Expected to be 5 days per week based from 2 Marsham St. initially.
- Security clearance
- To have or undergo SC and NPPV3
- Additional terms and conditions
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- The successful candidate will be an experienced IT professional.
- In depth service management experience & understanding of ITIL (V3).
- Comprehensive and recent experience designing and implementing service architectures for complex software systems in large government departments or other large organisations
- Demonstrable track record of successfully taking an evolutionary approach to service architecture.
- Strong communications, relationship building, negotiation and influencing skills; able to ensure that advice regarding the service specialism is acted upon.
- A creative and pragmatic approach to service design.
- Ability to absorb new technical, commercial and business concepts quickly, and work with them.
- Recognised expertise in service model development and its application within a business environment e.g. intelligent customer functions.
- A sound, broad knowledge of IT and an excellent understanding of how support services impact on other business functions.
- Demonstrable experience of transforming business needs into contractual requirements.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions.
- Experience with open source solutions and community.
- Knowledge of Agile development, deployment and operations lifecycle
- Experience using and deploying on Cloud based platforms
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of providing or managing outsourced service management services.
- Operating high-traffic websites and/or high volume transaction processing and analysis platforms.
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many specialists to evaluate
- Cultural fit criteria
- Works well in a collaborative team
- Demonstrate courage (e.g. can express controversial views, confront reality, and make tough decisions, question actions inconsistent with group behaviours, candid about progress/estimates)
- Demonstrate responsibility (e.g. act like a leader, serve your team, provide solutions to problems, engage in external/internal environments, seek the best for the organisation beyond your team)
- Demonstrate vulnerability (e.g. declare uncertainty, fear, recognise mistakes, apologise, and acknowledge weaknesses) Demonstrate simplicity (e.g. take simple steps to goals, do less but better, mitigate failures, talk straight with respect)
- Demonstrate excellence (e.g. seek actionable feedback, set challenging targets, know users, deliver cost effective high level customer satisfaction)
- Demonstrate enthusiasm (e.g. bring whole self to work, celebrate success, share passion and energy with others, optimistic)
- Assessment methods
- Work history
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. You state “To have or undergo SC and NPPV3” - will you consider someone who is eligible, or has previously held SC has lapsed?
- 2. Under the specialist role you have a Service Manager as opposed to Service Architect. Are you after a Service Manager to oversee the service disaggregation process or a Solutions Architect to help design a service architecture?
- The specialist role of Service Manager was selected as it is the closest fit to a service architect role. NLEDP need a specialist service architect that will work with the Home Office Platforms team and PND service provider to figure out how the overall service is maintained now that there is split responsibility between the service provider and Home Office.
- 3. Are you after a more of a service manager to oversee the service disaggregation process, or a solution architect to help design and implement a service architecture?
- Please see the response give to question 2.