Technology Strategy Engagement and Document Production
19 Incomplete applications
18 SME, 1 large
30 Completed applications
26 SME, 4 large
- Monday 9 December 2019
- Deadline for asking questions
- Monday 16 December 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Monday 23 December 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Summary of the work
- The Office of Rail and Road (ORR) wishes to develop a new Technology Strategy for 2020 - 2023.
- Latest start date
- Thursday 16 January 2020
- Expected contract length
- Up to 31st March 2020. It is expected the engagement will take 40 days across January to March 2020.
- No specific location, for example they can work remotely
- Organisation the work is for
- Office of Road and Rail
- Budget range
- Up to £40K to conduct engagement to gather requirements, provide feedback, workshop the high level strategy and deliver the finalised Technology Strategy Document.
About the work
- Why the work is being done
- ORR needs a Technology Strategy to under pin technology transformation projects from 2020 to December 2023.
- Problem to be solved
- Full staff engagement to understand the business drivers to produce the Technology roadmap for the next three years. One the drivers are known, work with the internal IS team to produce the Technology Strategy document.
- Who the users are and what they need to do
- As staff members of ORR, they will have an opportunity to discuss what works well currently, what will assist them in their roles to be more efficient and provide any known future changes to industry that may require technology changes.
- Early market engagement
- None started to-date.
- Any work that’s already been done
- Nothing as yet.
- Existing team
- The supplier will primarily work with ORR's IS team engaging with ALL ORR staff to understand requirements and drivers to produce the Technology Strategy.
- Current phase
- Address where the work will take place
At the supplier's offices for draft document production and report writing. However, as required, the supplier will need to attend meetings and workshops at a combination of ORRs regional sites in Birmingham, Bristol, Glasgow, Manchester and York and the HQ at :
Office of Rail of Road
25 Cabot Square
- Working arrangements
- Supplier will be able to work remotely, but must be available for meetings in London and the regional offices to deliver engagement workshops. as required. Travel time and expenses must be covered by the supplier.
- Security clearance
- No specific security clearances required.
- Additional terms and conditions
- No additional terms required.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Experience of Engagement to draw out requirements to form a technology strategy.
- Provide a single example of your experience of having delivered a Technology Strategy document.
- Experience of having delivered engagement workshops
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience in user research.
- Any general certifications (ISO 9001, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials).
How suppliers will be evaluated
All suppliers will be asked to provide a written proposal.
- How many suppliers to evaluate
- Proposal criteria
- Engagement process
- Approach and methodology
- Findings playback
- Workshop approach
- How the approach or proposal meets the requirement
- Estimated time-frames for the work
- Risk management
- Team structure and qualifications
- Value for money
- Case Study
- Work History
- Presentation to cover; 1) Vision for the ORR Technology Strategy Engagement and document delivery 2)Intranet and Case Study 3) Approach and Methodology 4) Timeline and budget
- Cultural fit criteria
- Work as a team with our organisation and other suppliers.
- Demonstrate a commitment to collaborative and transparent working and to open source technology.
- Payment approach
- Fixed price
- Additional assessment methods
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Are you expecting user research with non-ORR users as well? i.e. research with users in research lab.
- ORR are expecting user research with ORR staff and some key Non ORR stakeholders, i.e Network rail, Department for Transport, Highways England and some train operators.
- 2. Can you please confirm that the output is a Technology Strategy focused on Technology transformation roadmap and is not expected to include additional aspects such as Operating Model or Supply Chain etc.
- A Technology Strategy with transformation roadmap is required.
- 3. Please can you clarify one of the presentation criteria "2)Intranet and Case Study "? What is referenced by Intranet?
- Intranet appears in the spec in error, could you please disregard it. ORR require a case study where bidders have completed user research and produced a Tech transition strategy.
- 4. Will members of the IS team be available to support this work, including supporting the roadmap and setting up logistics for the staff engagement sessions/workshops?
- Yes IS Management will be available and will also attend engagement sessions. They will be set up following an initiation meeting with the winning bidder.
- 5. We provide resources that can work at the ORR Cabot Sq office without any expenses. Please can you confirm that expenses to travel to undertake user research at your regional offices would be reclaimable in line with ORR expense policy for your own staff?
- No. The quote should be a fixed price and should contain any expenses for travel and subsistence incurred during the regional engagements. 5 days in total.