Implementation of a Financial Crime Compliance solution within an existing Salesforce environment
5 Incomplete applications
4 SME, 1 large
10 Completed applications
6 SME, 4 large
- Thursday 15 August 2019
- Deadline for asking questions
- Thursday 22 August 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Closing date for applications
- Thursday 29 August 2019 at 11:59pm GMT
- Summary of the work
- Team to undertake alpha work for the implementation of a Financial Crime Compliance solution within an existing Salesforce environment
- Latest start date
- Tuesday 1 October 2019
- Expected contract length
- up to 2 years with option to extend by 6 months
- Organisation the work is for
- UK Export Finance
- Budget range
About the work
- Why the work is being done
- UK Export Finance (UKEF) is a Government Department which provides finance to exporters and their buyers to help British business export. We have established a new team to improve our assurance that we are complying with Financial Crimes legislation e.g. sanctions and money laundering. The reputational impact of failing to comply would be significant for UKEF. We have reviewed our policies and procedures and increased our capacity to undertake compliance checks. We now want to build a system in Salesforce to support the work of the team.
- Problem to be solved
- UKEF uses Salesforce as its CRM. We are seeking a partner to design and build a Salesforce solution to support our Financial Crime Compliance business process. We have developed user stories but need these refined and a detailed design produced. The solution will automate the process and record the work of multiple teams. It will also interface with internal and third-party systems, with new interfaces constructed using MuleSoft. We require a warranty period for the solution and wish to secure ability to commission additional work to further develop the system. We are also seeking support with change management and training.
- Who the users are and what they need to do
The system will be used by UKEF staff only, some tasks/information will need to be restricted to certain users.
We have developed a set of user stories to document the tasks required which include:
•Creating a party, validating their identity using internal and third party systems (through API integrations) and confirming that dealing with that party will not breach Financial Crimes legislation.
•Creating a transaction and ensuring the transaction is also not in breach
• Recording decisions and reviewing parties as required e.g. for GDPR
•Maximising automation using workflow
•Providing a high quality user experience.
- Early market engagement
- Any work that’s already been done
- User stories have been produced and there is further backlog refinement being undertaken. However, there will still need to be further work carried out on the user stories by the supplier or in house resource during the development phase.
- Existing team
- Senior Responsible Owner (SRO), Project Manager, ITD supplier, Business Analyst, Head of Development (ITD), Enterprise Architect, Senior Business Systems Developer. All roles are part time on the project.
- Current phase
- Address where the work will take place
- 1 Horse Guards Road London SW1A 2HQ, although the bulk of the work may be carried out remotely.
- Working arrangements
- Estimated 2-3 days per week at UKEF office for meetings and remaining days working remotely.
- Security clearance
- All staff must hold or be prepared to undergo SC Security Clearance to work unaccompanied within 1 HGR and access UKEF systems.
- Additional terms and conditions
- Pricing will be based on time & materials but the Buyer will reserve the right in the contract to use alternative payment mechanisms e.g. Capped T&M or Fixed Price for future SoWs.
Skills and experience
Buyers will use the essential and nice-to-have skills and experience to help them evaluate suppliers’ technical competence.
- Essential skills and experience
- Salesforce platform developer, Sales Cloud Consultant and system architect accreditation. Please provide evidence of accreditation.
- Thorough knowledge of standard Salesforce security features, techniques and best practices.
- Salesforce Business Analyst skills (5 years experience)
- Extensive experience of testing Salesforce large scale change plans.
- Evidence of working closely with a business unit that operates in a complicated business environment
- Have significant experience of rapid prototype iteration based on ongoing user research.
- Have significant experience of conducting user research and usability-testing sessions (face-to-face and remote) based on a robust methodology.
- Nice-to-have skills and experience
- Experience of working closely with a business unit within Government Departments.
- Knowledge of Mulesoft or equivalent API management skills
- General Salesforce interfacing techniques. Give examples of how you have integrated with Salesforce illustrating use of different techniques, where possible.
- Evidence of providing services which comply with the GDS service standard.
How suppliers will be evaluated
- How many suppliers to evaluate
- Proposal criteria
- Proposed approach and methodology – including technical proposal
- Evidence of helping services meet accessibility standards
- Demonstrating an understanding of our requirements
- Estimated and credible time-frames for the work
- How you will ensure smooth transition and knowledge transfer to the live service team
- Team structure, including skills and experience of individuals and their relevance
- Identifying risks and dependencies, and offering approaches to manage them
- Demonstrating value for money
- Cultural fit criteria
- Be extremely confident written and spoken communicators, able to engage senior leaders at short notice.
- Be team players who can quickly integrate and add value.
- Demonstrate good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Payment approach
- Capped time and materials
- Assessment methods
- Written proposal
- Case study
- Evaluation weighting
Questions asked by suppliers
- 1. Is there a current incumbent or supplier and if so will they be reapplying?
- No, support contract only
- 2. Was the current Salesforce implementation built in-house or was a third party involved? If the latter are they to be involved in this project?
- In house, some 3rd party,
- 3. Which Salesforce solutions are in use? Eg, Salescloud, Servicecloud, Pardot etc. Any apps from the App Exchange?
- We currently use Sales Cloud. Apps include Pardot, Vision-e, Cloudingo
- 4. Is a Lightning migration part of this scope?
- 5. What level of programmatic development has been used, and if so, whether it uses Apex, or Visualforce/Lightning components?
- Very little programmatic development, these are mainly some visual force banners and custom buttons in classic
- 6. Are Salesforce standard functionalities (Page Layout/Record types/Standard Sales/Service process) used or have these items been highly customised?
- Yes, our current implementation uses mainly standard Salesforce functionality, it has not been highly customised
- 7. How many external systems need integrating?
- Integration is anticipated between 4-8 external systems
- 8. Will any external systems will provide APIs to consume?
- Yes, some
- 9. Are version control tools like Git in use?
- 10. You state “The system will be used by UKEF staff only, some tasks/information will need to be restricted to certain users.” Is this security set-up already in place or will there need to be changes to meet this requirements?
- No, this security setup is not currently in place, there will need to be changes
- 11. Will Salesforce Standard reports/Dashboard be used? And/Or Salesforce Einstein or any other BI tool?
- It is hoped that the solution will use Standard reports/dashboards
- 12. How many total users will be using application? What is the split for Sales/Service/both licences or Platform licences?
- We currently have 140 Salesforce licences/users, this expected to expand to 200
- 13. Is MuleSoft in use or is there a definite plan to use it?
- Is currently in use, but not yet to Salesforce. There is a future plan to use it
- 14. Will there be a 2-way integration, where data flows from Salesforce API to External systems?
- 15. Any authentication being used to connect with third party in order to secure the transactions to avoid breach
- Don't understand the question
- 16. How many API calls are used to integrate with other systems?
"Current api usage:
API Requests, Last 24 Hours 2,975 (155,000 max)
Streaming API Events, Last 24 Hours 0 (200,000 max)"
- 17. Can you please indicate the budget range for this project, and its split over the two years of the contract?
- No, cannot indicate a range
- 18. The contract is for two years. We imagine that the initial project will not take such a time. Does the time period therefore allow for a post-project support service?
- Yes. We are building an MVP, so we need the flexibility of building additional system functionality within an existing contract.
- 19. If a post-project support service is required, can you outline what the requirements might be? Do you want a managed service of incident support and an amount of monthly on-going change? Your requirements only mention on-going change.
- Additional requirements not known at this stage
- 20. Do you require Salesforce Admin (ADM 201) services?
- 21. The Overview/Summary of the work section asks for “Team to undertake alpha work for the implementation of a Financial Crime Compliance solution within an existing Salesforce environment”. If following GDS guidelines, an alpha implies that you do not require a fully working solution at this stage. However, further statements eg “Problem to be Solved” imply that you are expecting the work to provide a fully tested and working solution “We are seeking a partner to design and build a Salesforce solution to support our Financial Crime Compliance business process.” Can you please clearly clarify your requirements over the two years?
- The latter. The process is being refined, the development work may throw up additional requirements.
- 22. Will the service need to undergo a GDS assessment?
- No, the service will not have to undergo GDS assesment as it is not external facing service, however it should be developed in line with GDS best practice and meet accessibility legislation.
- 23. Is UKEF currently working with Salesforce Lightning experience? If not, will you migrate to Lightning experience prior to the engagement?
- We are using Classic ui and currently migrating to the Lightning ui
- 24. What is the preferred change and training approach? End-user training vs. Train-the-Trainer. Classroom vs. Online?
- There will be need for staff training and engagement. The level of which is unknown at this stage. However, in the past this has been a combination of classroom training , online training and train the trainer.
- 25. Is Mulesoft already in place and operational?
- Mulesoft has been recently implemented and is operational, but with Salesforce yet
- 26. What is meant by the question “Extensive experience of testing Salesforce large scale change plans”? Is this experience related to system testing or change management & adoption?